Saturday, October 31, 2015

Autumn leaves me happy

photo of an unsigned painting; Le style et la matière
The season is still green, but the gold is coming along crisply. 
I went out in search of scenes like the one in my painting last week in the country... 

photo: Le style et la matière
where a sun low-hung plays among the leaves and shadows stretch out as days get shorter.


It's a time for long walks in the counryside, gathering chestnuts and mushrooms then
huddling around the fire. Simple things.

photo: Le style et la matière
I love the colors of Fall, probably more than in all the other seasons.
So glad I don't have to choose though.

photo: Le style et la matière
Toulouse -Lautrec called autumn "winter's spring."

8 comments:

  1. That was a gorgeous fall trip Gesbi. Glad you got to get out to see it. Ours was really beautiful this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more fiery in places, Donna - a delight every day.

      Delete
  2. Winter's Spring - I love it! Such an evocative statement. I enjoyed viewing your autumn as seen through your eyes. Here in Northern California we've yet to see much of autumn's color, but I await patiently for it for I too rejoice at the season's turning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever puts a tingle in the air! You will probably have your autumn colors blast by Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. l-o-v-e these yellows. and i've never thought of it that way: winters spring. hmmmmmmmm nice! happy mushroom hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - not many comestible this time - but I did see a rare cœur de sorcière. Right around Hallowe'en too!

      Delete
  4. I love fall more than spring I think. Our winters are never very long and whilst it is wonderful to see the greens again we know they are but the precursor to the steam oven that is summer. Fall is always such a relief.

    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue. Sounds a lot like New Orleans weather which always had me longing for four real seasons.

      Delete